Child Protection Policy
At Fusion Cheerleaders our first priority is your child's safety and welfare. We recognise that we have a responsibility to safeguard the welfare of your child and to reassure you that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to ensure that your child takes part in classes at the school within a safe and secure environment.
We aim to ensure that we;
provide an environment in which children are safe and in which any suspicion or allegation of inappropriate behaviour is immediately responded to in line with the procedures agreed;
• to ensure that all adults within the school who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, including with the DBS;
• all teaching applicants will be interviewed before an appointment is made and will be asked to provide at least one reference;
• all references will be followed up;
• all appointments will be subject to a probationary period.
We will ensure:
• that the school has a designated member of staff who has undertaken child protection foundation training;
• the child protection policy is available to parents on request;
• all staff are aware that they have a professional responsibility to safeguard children.
We recognise that all matters relating to child protection are confidential and will only disclose information on a need to know basis.
Allegations against staff
Staff should take care not to place themselves in a vulnerable position with a child. In the event that an allegation is made against a member of staff, the principal will be immediately informed.
The principal on receipt of an allegation will follow the London Borough of Bromley Child Protection Guidelines.